Does the loading speed of website affect its position in Search Engines' results?
Basic Guide, about 6 min of reading
What do you think, if you use all the possible secrets of the website promotion, but forget to optimize the loading speed of your website, it will be able to get to the TOP of search engine results?
I guess that you underestimate the importance of this indicator
That said.. Now we will provide conclusive evidence that the loading speed of a website is one of the most important factors affecting its promotion.
Why the website loading time affects SERP?
Website speed reflects how quickly a website responds to user requests. Speeding up websites is important — not just to website owners, but to all Internet users. Faster websites create happy users. When a website responds slowly, visitors spend less time there.
Search engines pay attention to the loading time of your website for one simple following reason:
If slower websites get into the TOP of a particular search engine, fewer users will use it.
It turns out that to not yield to the competitive search engine, it is necessary to display on the first page of the results, only those results that have optimal loading time for the website and do not upset visitors with the need to wait a long time.
Another reason is to make the great “first impression” which is always very important for newly acquired visitors.
Also, the loading time of the website has a significant impact on behavioral factors, which are one of the most important for websites promotion.
Some definitions and statistics
Those websites are considered slow, for which loading times are more than 3 seconds.
The recommended duration for normal websites is about 2 seconds.
When the download speed of websites decreases by only 200 ms, this leads to a reduction in the number of your visitors by 36% just within a few weeks. Similarly, with an increase in delay by 400 ms, transitions are reduced by 76% over the same time. Google highly recommends consistently improving loading speed.
How to improve your website loading speed?
If your website’s speed is too slow, you should try to improve it as fast as you can. There are several ways to do this:
1. Simplify your design and content.
2. PageSpeed Insights into the service for webmasters from Google. Its functions include checking the website load time and provide recommendations for improving this indicator.
3. Cache. This feature is already supported by almost all popular browsers. The acceleration of the download occurs by tracking the user's preferences and pre-caching data that he/she might want to access.
4. Website Auditing will help to identify errors in the code and eliminate some of them which may affect the acceleration of the download.
5. Optimize website design and graphic content. You can significantly speed up the loading time by compressing some of the design elements and pictures. Reduce the size of the files without too much affecting visual quality.
6. Minimize your landing page redirects, plugins, and URLs shorteners.
7. Remove or reduce the number of banner ads on your website.
8. Change your hosting service provider. Choose one with a more efficient infrastructure.
9. Optimize it well for mobile devices.
10. Dynamically adjust your content for slower connections.
Good sample to resume this article.
One well-known website has just improved its loading time by 3 seconds.
As a result:
• the number of website visitors increased by 25% in just 5 weeks;
• the number of sales increased by 7-12% just in 6 weeks.
Bottom line: your website speed is critically important. If you have a goal to attract more visitors or customers. Check and fix it ASAP!
(click on the links to learn more)